top of page


We understand choosing a health care provider can be a daunting task.  Becoming a member of Superior Choice is easy; just select the type of insurance you have, below.

Click here to search our online physician directory for a doctor near you or call 1-888-975-3246 or TTY: 711 to speak to a representative who can assist you.  Superior Choice IPA contracts with many health plans in Los Angeles County.  Click here to see a list of our health plan partners.

  • What is an Independent Physicians Association (IPA)?
    An Independent Physicians Association (IPA) is a network of independent private practice clinicians, supported by an organization to help support doctors and patients with the following: · Coordination of comprehensive health care services (Care Management, post hospital discharge, home health) · disease management programs · Authorization (referral) management · Claims processing
  • How do I choose a doctor with Superior Choice IPA?
    Selecting a doctor and IPA is an important decision. At Superior Choice IPA, we believe this process should be easy and effortless. Click here to search for your doctor and their corresponding health plan identification number. Once you have gathered this information, please contact your health plan’s customer service number and let them know you would like to choose a doctor with Superior Choice IPA.
  • I need to see a specialist, what do I do?
    Your primary care doctor helps guide your care and may submit an authorization to Superior Choice IPA. We will work with your doctor to ensure you receive the appropriate care you need. Once approved, you will receive an authorization providing you information about the provider who will direct your specialty care.
  • Why was my referral to see a specialist denied and what rights do I have?
    Please refer to your health plan’s evidence of coverage (EOC) for instructions regarding the appeals submission process.
  • Where can I go if I need to go to an emergency room?
    Emergency care is medical care required to assess and treat an immediate medical need. A medical emergency may consist of one or more of the following: · Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing · chest pain/pressure · seizures · dizziness or fainting · uncontrolled bleeding · coughing up or vomiting blood · unusual abdominal pain · severe or persistent diarrhea · suicidal feelings · ingestion of poison · medical overdose · sudden confusion · trouble talking If you or someone you know is in need of emergency care, please call 911 or go to your nearest emergency room. Once you have arrived, you may be asked to present your medical insurance card. Upon leaving the emergency room, be sure to contact your primary care doctor and notify them of your recent emergency room visit. This will ensure your doctor’s medical records are updated and any additional care you need, is requested.
  • How do I change my primary care provider (PCP)?
    Please contact our member services department at 1-888-975-3246 TTY: 711 or for assistance. Our office hours are Monday-Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
  • How do I get copies of my medical records?
    For medical records, contact your primary care provider or specialist. Your doctor may charge a nominal fee for this service.
bottom of page